LuLu & Oliver is currently offering a few options for candles. We have our signature and very popular hand painted concrete candles. Additionally, we offer the 13oz Calypso Jar with cork and the Farmhouse Dough Bowls.
All are wonderful options, however we do love the hand painted concrete candles, as they are a true art and can be repurposed as a propagated plant, dog treats, makeup brushes, cottonball holder, jewelry, keys, etc.
Additionally, we would like to remind of the IMPORTANT candle care suggestions for the optimal candle experience and longevity.
- Trim your wicks to 5-10mm before lighting your candle each time. If your wick is too long it will flicker and smoke. If it is too short it will drown in the wax.
- Burn your candle long enough. You always need to burn your candle long enough for all the wax to melt across the top of the jar. This could take 1-2hrs. If you don't burn your candle until the wax melts across the top you will cause tunneling and you will be left with wax around the edges of the jar.
- Jezzy Lu are designed to be burned for a maximum of 3hrs at a time. If you burn for longer you risk the wicks drowning and the jar becoming too hot.
- To extinguish your candle gently blow the flame out, put the lid on or use a cloche. We use all cotton wicks in our candles so they will ball on the top. If you blow too hard you will blow the ball off and it will end up in your molten wax.
- Wait until your candle has re-solidified and trim the ball off the wick, keeping the wick to 5-10mm in length.
- If you find you have soot on the inside of your jar this could indicate your wick was too long, your candle was in a drafty area or you burnt your candle longer than the recommended time.
- When the jar is cool wipe soot off with a damp paper towel.
- Stop burning when there is 1cm of wax left in the jar.